Microservices in Clojure

Microservices in Clojure


I was falling again in the trap. Java with Spring Boot has a very unique appeal... With configuration you can easily solve problems that requires actual code.
  • Service Registration
  • OpenApi
  • Service Discovery
  • Persistence 
All these critical things for a micro-service are just some annotations away if you use Spring. But I have to admit that, because I always start thinking that I don't want to risk too much, I always fall back in creating an hybrid Java -Spring/Clojure service, and then I never created a full micro-service in Clojure.

This time is different. I will study Microservices with Clojure. (That I will review as soon as I can, normally I find that these books are not so useful, I hope this time will be different. But I will write about it later.

I will follow the book and after I will have completed I will use the same approach for  Hierarchy Property Service using the things I will build during the book study.

Because I see that there are a lot of people interested in the Topic, I will post as many information as I can as soon as I proceed in my journey to a working Clojure Microservice.
I will provide to you a full recap of the main points explained in the book with my impressions.

Have a good Mid-August everyone :), here in Italy is like your birthday or Christmas :D

Comments

  1. Luminus makes good choices on libraries for web apps. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. BTW, great to hear about people getting into Clojure. I love it. I finally got a job doing it a year ago and can't get enough :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Marco, did you find the Clojure stack that works for you? Is the book worth reading?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment