Restarting Clojure, my choices, my problems, my solutions!

How can you start working with Clojure in 2020?

Since 2017, the only difference on my environment will be Deps adoption instead of Leinengen, and I will use Intellij with Cursive (mostly because I use this environment for work)

Started Intellij, installed Cursive with a Opensource license, started a new Project with deps.

Issue: Cannot execute: Clojure command not configured: Cannot execute: Clojure command not configured

Solution: 

  • Install Clojure with Brew in Mac: brew install clojure/tools/clojure
  • Setup Clojure Deps in Intellij | Preferences | Build, Execution, Deployment | Build Tools | Clojure Deps using the path: /usr/local/Cellar/clojure/1.10.1.561/bin/clojure
Ok now I want to start a Repl, unfortunately I don't have a fast selection from Tools in Intellij, so I had to create a new configuration: Clojure Repl, save it. Try to run and....

Issue: 
Error: Could not find or load main class clojure.main
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: clojure.main 

Solution:
  • Change default deps.end  to {:paths ["src/main/clojure"]}
  • Create Directory path
Start the Repl configuration again.

YEA it started, here we go again :) 

Comments